Press Kit & high res images
Mary Kaye Holt
Mary Kaye Holt is a native born Texan. She now resides in Nashville TN with her husband the award winning radio host Gary Holt. Mary Kaye has received multiple awards as well as international acclaim for her singing and songwriting and travels extensively performing her unique brand of western roots music.
Mary Kaye Holt is a internationally acclaimed and multiple award winning singer-songwriter who tours extensively with her unique brand of western roots music. She is a native born Texan now calling Music City home. The authenticity of Mary Kaye's music comes from raising cowboys, wranglers, rodeo sweethearts and caring for livestock. Mary Kaye combines traditional cowboy songs with fresh contemporary material and award winning originals. Her distinguished songwriting and vocal abilities combined with her magnetic stage presence, beautiful finger-style guitar playing, and fun sense of humor make for a memorable performance. Western Horseman said of her, "Mary Kaye delivers a spellbinding, emotional vocal performance in every song she sings." For more information please visit marykayeholt.com.
(Find Full Length Bio Below)
"Gifted with one of the most dynamic and original voices in western music, Mary Kaye delivers the goods!"
- American Cowboy
“Mary Kaye has entered the echelon of great songwriters with her latest album"
- True West
"Mary Kaye’s songs about cowboys, horses, women, and family breathe new life into Western music."
- Country Music People
AWARDS & RECOGNITION:
Singing & Performing
- 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 Nominated - Entertainer of the Year - Western Music Association
- 2013 Female Performer of the Year - Western Music Association
- 2013 Best Solo Musician - True West Magazine
- 2011 Will Rogers Award - Female Performer of the Year - The Academy of Western Artists
- 2010 Female Vocalist of the Year - Western Music Association
Songwriting & Recordings
- 2018 Wrangler Award - Traditional Western Album - Take Me Back to Texas - The National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum
- 2017 Will Rodgers Award - Western Song of the Year - "Grit, Grace and Balin' Twine" - Academy of Western Artists
- 2016 Wrangler Award - Outstanding Original Western Composition - "Ride A Wide Circle"- The National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum
- 2013 Top Cowboy Song - "Jealous of the Moon" - American Cowboy Magazine
- 2013 Songwriter of the Year - Western Music Association
- 2013 Spur Award - Best Western Song - "Any Name Will Do" - Western Writers of America
- 2012 Song of the Year - "No Wilder Place" - Western Music Association
- #1 Western Album: Ride A Wide Circle - Debuted at #1 - 1st Quarter 2016
- #1 Western Album: The Dawn and The Dusk - 3rd Quarter 2013
- #1 Western Album: No Wilder Place - Debuted at #1 - 2nd Quarter 2012
OPENED FOR: Baxter Black, Suzy Bogguss, Billy Dean, Restless Heart, and Little Texas.
LINK - REVIEWS & NEWS
LINK - MUSIC SAMPLES
LINK - PAST PERFORMANCES
LINK - FACEBOOK
STAGE SHOW REQUIREMENTS:
Mary Kaye stands front and center stage and requires an excellent sound system that can handle her volume and range and a qualified technician to operate it! Her vocal volume and sound is similar to that of Patsy Cline. In addition, she requires a quality microphone, a microphone boom stand, a 1/4" guitar cord plug in, a monitor, a bottle of room temperature water and something to set it on next to the microphone so that it can be easily reached. Mary Kaye stands during her entire performance.
Two microphone boom stands set up front and center stage, both performers stand during the performance. Two 1/4" guitar cord plug ins, two monitors, two bottles of room temperature water and something to set them on next to the microphone so that they can be easily reached.